Job Title: Editorial Writer
Reports To: Head of Public Relations
HighKey Agency is a dynamic and forward-thinking modern-day public relations firm specializing in working with the top 1% of brands and entrepreneurs. We are seeking a talented and innovative Editorial Writer to join our dynamic public relations team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating compelling and persuasive written content that aligns with our client's brand narratives and public relations objectives. This role involves crafting press articles for our high end clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write clear and compelling press articles for our high end clients and brands.
- Research and analyze industry trends to produce relevant and topical content.
- Work closely with the media relations department to ensure that all content is newsworthy and tailored to specific media outlets and journalists.
- Edit and proofread content produced by other team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Adhere to strict deadlines and manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously.
- Ensure all written materials are in line with PR strategies and comply with current industry standards and ethics.
- Trending new stories that pertain to the client and their industry.
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics to improve visibility and reach.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the written content, adjusting strategies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of writing experience in public relations, journalism, or a similar role.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a portfolio of published work.
- Experience with crafting messages for different audiences and media platforms.
- Familiarity with the latest trends in PR, social media, and digital marketing.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into accessible and engaging content.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in content management systems and SEO tools is a plus. Knowledge of specific software such as Basecamp and Google Docs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
- $20 for a transcript to be edited the first time - this is to be assigned alongside 2 additional articles.
- $20 for a transcript review - this is if we need to re-assign a client to a new writer (after they've already had articles drafted)
- You will review a transcript that has been segmented out via topic. There will also be a link to the audio that you can use if you can’t understand any portion of the transcript. However, you don’t need to listen to it if you don’t need to.
- At the top of the document will be some article ideas and bullet points outlining the potential shape of some articles. As well as social media links, websites, and past press.
- As you go through the transcript, please clean up the sentences. Keep a particular eye out for “like,” “you know,” and “ums.” It doesn’t have to be perfect since this is an internal document, but it should be easier to read.
- As you go through the document, I suggest putting each new thought on a new line or as a bullet point. The idea is to break down the story into a series of beats that can be used to construct the article without digging through large blocks of text.
- If anything catches your eye, feel free to bold or highlight it.
- If there is anything you would like to know more about or you feel like the client hasn’t elaborated on enough, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
- We will ensure either:
- a) We get the information from the client.
- b) They don’t mind if the topic is addressed at a higher level.
- Keep in mind that the transcript fee is a one-time fee for each client. If you get assigned the client again with the transcript, it will just be $65 or $100 for each article.
500-750 words - $65 (Tier 2 Articles)
750 - 1000 words - $100 (Tier 1 Articles)
$35 for op-eds (word count depending)
$35 for listicle bios